Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Transgenic crops have extra genes that were placed into them to give the crop a beneficial trait.
- Scientists hope to identify and isolate the genes that control these beneficial traits.
- The genes could then be transferred into more desirable crops, with the hope of producing the same traits in those crops.
- In the future, crops may be genetically altered to withstand harsh conditions.Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.
- How Do You Disable A Gene at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEbVpj7EbwU (6:19)