Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Animal behavior is any way that animals act, either alone or with other animals.
- All animals need food for energy, and baby animals need energy to grow and develop.
- Behaviors that help animals or their young survive, increase the animals’ fitness.
- Animals with higher fitness have a better chance of passing their genes on to the next generation.
- If genes control behaviors that increase fitness, the behaviors become more common in the species.
- This occurs through the process of evolution by natural selection.
- Use the resources below to answer the questions that follow.