Select from the frequently asked questions below
- There are many risk factors that can cause a person to develop cardiovascular disease.
- A risk factor is anything that is linked to an increased chance of developing a disease.
- Some of the risk factors for cardiovascular disease you cannot control, but there are many Risk factors you can control.
- Having a poor diet and not getting enough exercise are two major causes of heart disease.
- To reduce the risk of disease, you should be active for at least 60 minutes a day, five days a week.
- To lower bad cholesterol, a diet low in saturated fat and dietary cholesterol should be followed.
- Regular exercise lowers LDL cholesterol and increases HDL cholesterol.