Select from the frequently asked questions below.
- Excretion is the process of removing wastes and excess water from the body.
- Organs of the excretory system include the kidneys, large intestine, skin, and lungs.
- Your body also needs to remove the wastes that build up from cell activity and from digestion.
- If these wastes are not removed, your cells can stop working, and you can get very sick.
- Use the resource below to answer the questions that follow.
- Back to Mail Online home.
- back to the page you came from.
The lungs are considered to be a part of the respiratory system, but they could still be considered part of the excretory system. Why do you think this is the case?